Not one person can say the past year has not impacted them negatively in some type of way. Even though there seems to be light at the end of the COVID-tunnel, we’re not through it yet! How are you supporting your nanny on and off the job.
Here are ways we’ve seen families help their nanny:
- Help or provide a raise for those battling financial challenges.
- Provide more flexible hours and increase PTO.
- Provide continuous development and support by identifying gaps and offering more training or help.
- Choose empathy over competition.
- Use connectivity enhance performance.
- As we all adjust to the new normal, a performance review can help.
Tips for a successful performance review:
- Nannies should never be surprised with a performance review.
- Focus on facts and data not opinion.
- Listen to and document concerns from your nanny and address them.
- Consistency is key and performance reviews should be documented.
- Get a second set of eyes- ask another parent, a neighbor, friend, previous nanny, grandparent, to evaluate the nanny.
- Each review should have a measurement of success, either a description, outline, or a set of goals. Nannies can’t achieve what you don’t measure.